This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE2 way too hard to master!

Started by Daniel Miles, March 3, 2017 · 5 Replies · 259 Views

Daniel Miles

I love a challenge but damn, PE2 of front lever is brutal! It's got me thinking what kind of beasts can actually do 360 reps of this for mastery! 

After 36x4 my core is shaking and burning so bad I can barley sit up!! And I considered myself fairly strong (140kg Squat, 160kg deadlift etc) what is happening haha?? 

Its so damn hard!! 

Any tips guys!?

Ryan Bailey

Try 36x6; then 36x4 won't feel so bad.

Stuart Kolynchuk

I have to agree with Daniel. I'm having a hell of a time as well. 

If it was possible to break up the set, I could do it, but they want things done back-to-back. I've been stuck on 4x36r for weeks. 

Anyone who has (helpful) suggestions please let us know. 

Darin Phoenix

Hi Stuart, 

A period of weeks is not a long period of time to be stuck on an exercise. You have to allow your body the necessary time to make adaptations to deal with the new stressors you are applying to it. The forming of new neural networks the remodeling of muscle tissue these are not processes that are completed quickly. Stay consistent with your training, make sure you are recovering adequately between workouts and be patient. Real progress is something that you will measure in months and years not days and weeks. If you need further assistance you are always welcome to submit videos for form review so that our coach's can analyze if there is something in your execution that may be holding you back.

Suzanna McGee
On March 3, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Daniel Miles said:

I love a challenge but damn, PE2 of front lever is brutal! It's got me thinking what kind of beasts can actually do 360 reps of this for mastery! 

Just wait when you are on FL/PE6  ;-) I've been "stuck on" (I mean, I am loving… ha ha) this one for months. Enjoy the PE2 times  :P

Stuart Kolynchuk

Thanks Darin and Suzanna! Sorry to hijack your post Daniel. 

Most exercises I've been able to progress quickly, but FL has been very slow. I'll stay patient and keep enjoying the journey.