Please help with some feedback on these elements. Things have been slow and I need a boost. Thanks
HBP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kHY4Nvt0O8
RC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UksRlaw5LdQ
SPL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usigtXytYq4
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Brian Michalski, March 2, 2017 · 5 Replies · 99 Views
Please help with some feedback on these elements. Things have been slow and I need a boost. Thanks
HBP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kHY4Nvt0O8
RC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UksRlaw5LdQ
SPL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usigtXytYq4
I am not a coach and you better wait for one to confirm (or not) what I say, but for HBP I would say that you have a good PPT and body line, but you need to protract more at the top, and maybe also keep the elbows closer to your body.
Hi Brian,
You are doing such a great job only a couple of tips to keep you on the right track:
HBP: It looks like your feet are together? If no then please correct as I cannot confirm as they are out of frame. I would like to see you slow this down, try pausing at the top of the movement, then lower.
RC: Remember to engage those glutes for PPT, slow down the movement (try 2 counts up & 2 counts down) please note the ring position in the video which is rings rotate out and for the downward phase rings rotate in.
SPL: Looks great - well done!
Please feel free to submit some more videos for review - we love following our GB community on their journey!
Thanks for the feedback.
Winter, HBP feet are together (sorry for poor camera angle) but slow down - got it! RC, again slow down but can you clarify ring position? I thought from the video that it was palms forward at the bottom and palms facing in at the top. Should I be the other way around? Palms inward at the bottom and forward at the top? Thanks again.
You want your palms facing away from you at the bottom (when your arms are straight) and your palms facing each other at the top of the row (when your elbows are bent).
Hi Brian,
Everett's explanation is correct so please do RC/PE2 5x15r with palms away at the start and then a 90-degree turn in as you pull up, ending with palms facing each other. Sorry for the confusion.