This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2

Started by Paul Wallbridge, March 2, 2017 · 4 Replies · 72 Views

Paul Wallbridge

I just wanted to check on form for my headstand. I can hold it steady for a minute easy, am more focused on correct posture to eliminate an arched back in my handstand. Here's my photo:

 

 

IMG_0294.PNG

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Paul,

Your form in the picture looks pretty good. We will be able to give you better feedback if you post a video.

To help control the arch, make sure that you are squeezing your stomach as you hold.

Paul Wallbridge

Thanks, glad it looks ok. I was more curious as to whether the keg angle was bad form or acceptable (I seem to find it hard to judge my leg angle but hope that will come with the wall handstands later).

i will post a video when my mobility gets to a sufficient level to be checked as well. I have a mild shoulder twinge at the moment so I know there is weakness in that area.

Paul Wallbridge

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner here is the video, hopefully if there are any issues they will be clear on this.

thank you!

https://youtu.be/OIPlE8jwg6M

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Paul,

It looks like you are doing a great job. I recommend bringing your hands in closer to your head so that they are directly beneath your elbows. Nice work!