This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sets & Reps for Walk Drills

Started by Greg Pattman, March 2, 2017 · 3 Replies · 193 Views

Greg Pattman

Hi all!

I'm a few sessions into HS1 and I have a couple of questions, specifically about Wall Wrist Walks, Wall First Knuckle Walks, Wall Wrist Rock Walks & Wall Fingertip Walks.

When the Sets/Reps reads 5x3r, does this mean that

- Right Hand then Left Hand = 1 rep?

- RH, LH, RH, LH, RH, LH = 3 reps, then take a small rest, then repeat 4 more times?

Also, what is the significance of the sequence in the videos of RH+LH+LH+RH?

I'm probably reading too much into it, but don't want to do too little (or too much, for that matter).

Cheers!

Everett Carroll

Hi Greg,

You want to perform 5x3 repetitions per side. For all of the wrist exercises that are one wrist at a time, assume each side. I prefer switching the starting hand each rep to feel balanced. I find it helps me maintain better symmetry between sides. 

Ferdinand Berr

I'll just hijack this thread for a quick clarification question concerning the wrist PE1 exercises:

Should we have a very slight lean against the wall with out body (like an incline push-up, just much less angle) in order to get some weight on our wrists, or are the PE1s meant to work out wrist mobility/flexibility without having them work against any weight?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ferdinand, the first thing you said abut also the second, the sensation must be to improve the range of motion actively with some weight on the working hand. In fact for the flexibility are proposed the wrists stretches.