This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent knee hollow body rocks TEMPO

Started by Chris Umiastowski, March 2, 2017 · 3 Replies · 154 Views

Chris Umiastowski

Hey fellow F1ers.

In my F1 core workout I'm on the bent knee hollow body rock exercise, and my core feels strong enough to handle mastery of this exercise (5 x 60), but I'm not moving on yet because of one major issue:  Tempo.  I can't seem to get my body to move at the same tempo as the follow along video. When they get to 60 reps I'm maybe at 50 max. Usually more like 45.  And it's not something that feels like a strength issue.  I just can't seem to get my body to rock as fast as they do.

Is it possible I'm shooting for too much amplitude? 
Has anyone else encountered this feeling of going too slowly compared to the follow along videos?

I'm heading to the gym now.  I'll shoot a video and submit it for review with the team.  Hoping to nail this one!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Chris usually 60 reps requires approximately 1 minute and 20'', 1 minute and 1/2 in order to complete the 60 reps set.

Chris Umiastowski

Hi Alessandro - thank you for saying this!  My question now becomes this: Is the follow-along video incorrect?  Orench does the 60 reps in just about 60 seconds exactly during the follow along.  It would be really great to have official confirmation from @Coach Sommer on the acceptable range.  Maybe I'm being too strict trying to keep up with Orench in the video versus taking 80-90 seconds as you suggest.

Let me also add that I truly feel F1 is AMAZING value. The coaches, the video reviews, etc - it's incredible. Thank you!

 

Leigh Kettle

Chris when I was training these I noticed the mastery set tempo considerably quicker than the step before mastery . This took a whole new level of achieving as like you say the tempo takes some getting used to with what was seemingly shorter range of motion 

keep at it and you'll get it for sure 

Leigh