Front and side lever

Started by Matias Perez Aguirre, March 2, 2017 · 5 Replies · 1,456 Views

Matias Perez Aguirre

Heys guys, 

So I've recently stepped up my training with the side lever and front lever training harder for them than ever before. I am fully aware that my form is far from perfect in both elements as i have just advanced progressions for both. However my question is, is my form terrible? Or is it something i can work with and fix. https://youtu.be/pvulebnuFiI

Thanks, 

Matias

Alessandro Mainente

The side lever shows some upper body twist which it is wrong, the front lever shows piked hips, this means that you are not enough strong for straddle variation.

Matias Perez Aguirre

In regards to the front lever, I see the pike and I am working to flatten out. My question is how do I fix the upper body twist in the side lever? What do i have to think about while in the side lever in order to untwist? Like a form que to fix this issue. This twist seems to get worse as i get tired, but what causes this weakness?

Everett Carroll

Hi Matias,

This is likely an issue stemming from weak obliques. Focusing on strong core and glute engagement, if your obliques and lower back are ready, should fix the issue. Use the Foundation Series to be sure your lower back and obliques are properly prepared. 

Brandon Iannuzzi

Untwisting your chest will help you get a stronger flag 

Marcus Patterson

How can I spot the twist in the flag, it looks pretty straight to me!