This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 workout routine, lack of lower back mobility and ACL problems

Started by Kamil Puszczy?ski, March 1, 2017 · 2 Replies · 78 Views

Kamil Puszczy?ski

Hi guys,

I've recently started the Foundation One, after spending around 2 months doing Fundamentals. I'm still adapting to the course but I've encountered some problems and I would be grateful If you'd shed some light on following:

1. During Fundamentals I've had, and still am, struggling with straddle and butterfly from Daily limber. It's like I have no mobility whatsoever in my lower spine and, in butterfly case, my inner leg muscles are too tight (?). I am attaching two pictures of me doing these exercises - as far as I could get... How can I work on improving it? Will it be much of an issue during Foundation One?

2. First exercises for Core, Lower and Upper body in F1 are not that demanding (altough some of them are not easy too). Can I do all three parts three times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) for few first weeks? Or should I go with regular split, like Coach Sommer suggest?

3. I've got thorned my left knee's ACL some time ago and currently I'm waiting for my surgery. While doing hip swivel on the right side at some point I feel pain in this knee. I'm wondering if I can continue while being very careful and still receive some flexibility improvements?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sorry for my not that perfect English :) 

DSC07485.jpg

DSC07487.jpg

Everett Carroll

Hi Kamil,

1. The Stretch Series is going to be your best friend here. The Middle Split Course will specifically target increasing your range of motion for butterfly and pancake (straddle).

2. I suggest sticking with Coach Sommer's recommended for now. Instead of adding more Foundation workouts, add in the three stretch workouts instead. Those are going to speed up your Foundation progress the most in the end. 

3. Do not train through pain. Wait until after you are fully recovered from your surgery to train hip swivels if necessary. It is not worth it to even risk damaging your knee any further. 

Kamil Puszczy?ski

Thank you, Everett for your fast reply.

I'm going to check these stretching courses.

Can't wait until I make some visible progress :-)