This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Single Leg Pike Form Check

Started by Ryan Segervall, March 1, 2017 · 4 Replies · 107 Views

Ryan Segervall

 

This is my first time trying out this movement as before I wasnt able too due to elbow injury. Let me know if theres anything that can be improved on my form. From the looks of it I should get some blocks and make sure but glutes are closer to the wall. Let me know your thoughts

 

Thanks!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

You're off to a good start. Scaling this exercise using blocks is a great idea. Doing so will allow you to get your gluts to the wall and begin improving flexibility with proper form. Keep up the good work!

Ryan Segervall

@Jeffrey Bittner  Thanks for the feed back! I'll post a follow up clip using some blocks in the upcoming days

- Also would you recommend me to bring my ankle off the wall slightly to make it easier to get my glutes closer to the wall? Or keep as is? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes Ryan you can.

Ryan Segervall

Sliding the foot forward helped me get my butt a little bit closer to that wall. Also noticed a nice step forward in my hamstring mobility in the past couple weeks. Almost dont even need the blocks, but a nice assistance to get into position. 

 

Let me know if theirs anything I can improve on.