This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stiff Legged Windmill Question

Started by Ben Murphy, March 1, 2017 · 4 Replies · 168 Views

Ben Murphy

Hello and thank you for considering my question. 

Getting right to it, should I allow my core to stretch and bend while doing the stiff legged windmill, or should I keep my core isometrically braced and do the concentric with primarily my legs? I've been doing it the braced way, but I just wanted to make sure this isn't a finer point that I am doing incorrectly.

Cheers,

Ben

Alessandro Mainente

HI Ben, at the beginning there is no reason to add an additional focus, try to control the descent part, you will notice that holding the weight exactly with the arm vertical requires some level of core engagement.

Ben Murphy

Thank you for the response Alessandro. Also I am quite strong already in some ways from olympic weightlifting and I can comfortably use much heavier weights on this than what is shown in the example videos. Should I push this weight up in the coming weeks or is it not really a priority?

Everett Carroll

Hi Ben,

I suggest posting a form check first. Once you know your form is perfect with a relatively light weight, you can consider adding more. 

Ben Murphy

Thanks for your response Everett.