This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Coffee as it relates to Cortisol

Started by Aaron Hughson, March 1, 2017 · 1 Replies · 92 Views

Aaron Hughson

@Jeff Serven I am a lover of great coffee and it is in fact one of my passions. If I do decide to have coffee it is always 1-2 hours after I have been awake. Also I may only have it 2 times a week. Some days I will travel and try out a new cafe by having a whole flight of drinks prepared (espresso, Machiatto, Gibraltar, House Special, and Possibly a Pour Over.) Slightly crazy I know. 

 

Since you touched on coffee coffee could you explain if there is a detrimental effect to having coffee or espresso based drink 1-2 hours after awakening?

Jeff Serven

There is none that can I think of. I think both the benefits and negatives of coffee are greatly exaggerated. Caffeine tolerance is largely individual but 99% of people can handle 1-2 cups per day. Now what you are doing is far beyond 1-2 cups but only twice a week keeps your 7 day average somewhere near that 1-2 a day number.