This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing Pike Form Check

Started by Zachary Ladwig, February 28, 2017 · 16 Replies · 540 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! I am some months in to the front split series (and F1). How is the standing pike looking? (For the record, this is a fairly large improvement from where I started)

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Zachary Ladwig, looking good. It'll get better once you reach the later progressions of your manna. Also my suggestion is that you also consider training HS2. It'll make your pike progress faster :)

Zachary Ladwig

Hey! @Leo TrinidadWanted to post an update since it's been getting a bit better recently. How is it looking now? Am i keeping my back flate enough? 

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Zachary Ladwig, awesome improvement and you can now slowly walk your hands closer to your feet then eventually past the feet (backwards). Keep up the good work. :)

Zachary Ladwig

Hey @Leo Trinidad

 

thought id post an update. I am getting better! How does it look to you?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zachary, this is a huge improvement,! very nice work.

Leo Trinidad

Good job @Zachary Ladwig :)

Chan Angus

Excelllent!!! Thanks for sharing 

Zachary Ladwig

Most recent pike! It is fun to compare to the first video 

 

 

Zachary Ladwig

https://youtu.be/pvgG5DThef0

 

For some reason I am unable to show the preview in this message! I guess a link will have to do. 

Jeffrey Bittner

Great improvement, Zachary! It has come a long way!

Darwin Jose

Great progress Zachary, Thanks for the inspiration!

Leigh Kettle

Awesome work mate 

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente I was doing a forward pike today and thought I should get a form check. Is  everything looking okay with it? 
 

I feel like I am not getting the stretch in the upper hamstring as much as I used to. 
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente I was doing a forward pike today and thought I should get a form check. Is  everything looking okay with it? 
 

I feel like I am not getting the stretch in the upper hamstring as much as I used to. 
 

 

Very nice work..i think that you need to spend time only on compressing more.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente thank you! So just work on bringing chest to my legs more? 

Leigh Kettle
58 minutes ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente thank you! So just work on bringing chest to my legs more? 

I found that when in my end range Bending legs a little then compressing more and then from there keep the compression while trying to straighten legs was a game changer for me . 
good luck bro