This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation One: MN - PE2>iM : Jefferson Curl Mastery

Started by Anthony Carrigan, February 27, 2017 · 5 Replies · 240 Views

Anthony Carrigan

GB Community,

I'm really enjoying the wonderful Foundation and Handstand Series and responsive support offered here on the forum.

Though I may have missed it, I haven't seen a clear prescription for Step 9 Mastery of the Jefferson Curl in Foundation One.

What is the target weight of the Jefferson Curl in order to achieve mastery for MN PE2>iM?

Is there an accompanying depth that should be reached to achieve mastery?

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Anthony, 

Mastery range of motion is shown in the exercise video and follow along. You can always submit a form check when you get to that point to be 100% sure of mastery. I suggest this for every progression. 

I suggest a mastery weight of at least 10-15% body weight. If you are particularly large or small, you can go slightly above or below these percentages. 45 pounds is even more ideal.

Do not attempt to start training with 45 pounds, however. I suggest beginning with as low as 1-2kg or even body weight, if that is more comfortable for you initially). At all times, the weight should feel relatively easy to curl and never difficult to manage.

Stay with the same weight for 3 months before increasing. When you increase, make sure the new weight feels easy. These should remain in your core warm up after mastery. Your long term goal is a warm up set using bodyweight.  

Anthony Carrigan

Got it.

Thank you for the prompt and clear response, Everett.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey Everett,

Long term goal: Isnt warm up set using half of bodyweight?

Feli

Everett Carroll

Long term goal is bodyweight @Felipe Garcia Rosa.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks!