This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS1 PE6 form check

Started by Gerrit Wels, February 27, 2017 · 11 Replies · 126 Views

Gerrit Wels

I'm working on my handstand one progressions and just reached the "end" of the pe6 progression. Before I move on to the next progession I would like to know if my form is good enough to move on.

--removed instagram link--

All feedback is welcome.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Gerrit, first of all videos of private course must be uploaded on youtube and put on "unlisted".

ABout your execution I want to see a side view.

Gerrit Wels
23 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Gerrit, first of all videos of private course must be uploaded on youtube and put on "unlisted".

ABout your execution I want to see a side view.

Corrected the link. Will record a side view for today's training.

Gerrit Wels

 

Alessandro Mainente

It is possible to see your IM5?

Gerrit Wels
19 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

It is possible to see your IM5?

Hi Alessandro, I hope you revere to the HS/PE5 IM :) see below:

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Gerrit,

Before moving past this iM, we suggest a much narrower grip. You want to build up to 5-10lbs at a minimum using a grip that is, at most, a hands width outside of shoulder width. Stay with a light weight and gradually narrow your grip over time. Then add weight, go wide again, and repeat the process until you can achieve that. 

Also, as you pass the weight overhead, be sure to shrug your shoulders up as high as you can. I prefer to feel my shoulders brush past my ears each time the weight goes overhead. Also avoid any arching of your back. Stay upright. 

 

Gerrit Wels

Thanks for that observation, back to step 5 it is.

For the "no arching" does that mean that you have to actively squeeze the glutes? 

Alessandro Mainente

Basically do not stick the chest out. 

As i Was suspecting the mobility was not enough to perform correctly the PE6.

Gerrit Wels
18 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Basically do not stick the chest out. 

As i Was suspecting the mobility was not enough to perform correctly the PE6.

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for taking a look, seems I'm back to PE5 for a while to fix the mobility deficits :)

For my understanding. What issues did you see in the first two videos and how does that translate to the mobility work in PE5?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Simply the amount of shoulder flexion on your handstand it is not enough.

I corrected thousands of handstand since i've started my journey as gymnastics coach and GB coach.

Gerrit Wels

Alright, once again, thank you. Will post a new video once I reach the mobility standards as described by Everett.