This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Piriformis stretch

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, February 27, 2017 · 3 Replies · 154 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello Guys! This is how I perform the piriformis stretch. I post a side and Front view. Is there something to fix? I have the knee of the bent leg in contact with the floor, am I doing something wrong?

Side view:

Front view:

Any feedback is welcome! Thank you!

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

The only thing I notice is your front knee's angle is a little under 90 degrees. You want to be sure you have 90 degrees at the front knee, so your shin is running horizontally in reference to your body. 

Tanya Hill

You are headed in the right direction for sure. This is a daily stretch for me because it continues to get tight throughout the day. 

From personal experience I spend a few seconds folded forward over my front leg and then bring my chest up, it helps open up the outer glute. 

Keep us updated with your progress video's. ;)

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
23 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

The only thing I notice is your front knee's angle is a little under 90 degrees. You want to be sure you have 90 degrees at the front knee, so your shin is running horizontally in reference to your body. 

 

17 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:

You are headed in the right direction for sure. This is a daily stretch for me because it continues to get tight throughout the day. 

From personal experience I spend a few seconds folded forward over my front leg and then bring my chest up, it helps open up the outer glute. 

Keep us updated with your progress video's. ;)

 

I got it!

Thank you very much for the tips!! @Tanya Hill, I will do that, for sure! ;)