Handstand Form

Started by Matias Perez Aguirre, February 26, 2017 · 4 Replies · 1,551 Views

Matias Perez Aguirre

Hey guys,

So I've been practicing Handstands for about a year, and have been doing freestanding ones for about 6 months. I began trying to kick up into a handstand and holding it for as long as I could. I was holding a Banana handstand which lacked tension, however as I improved my balance I constantly strived to get the shoulders open which i found difficult due to balance issues. However I have gotten over this problem and can now hold a handstand for around a minute. I am writting this to show my handstand so that people may give me points for improvement, as this is always my goal, as my goals switch to press work and one arm work.

Thanks all! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHR_0l_nPJg

 

Alessandro Mainente

The form must be refined since still persist the open chest.

Matias Perez Aguirre

In other words my shoulders are not fully open? But other than this it is good?

 

Biren Patel
On 2/26/2017 at 7:21 PM, Matias Perez Aguirre said:

In other words my shoulders are not fully open? But other than this it is good?

 

yes the shoulders are not fully open but to open them more you need to draw your ribs in. That's what Alessandro means by your open chest. The open chest prevents you from opening your shoulders more. 

Alessandro Mainente

The impossibility to cave the chest in it is due to shoulders restriction.