This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS1 PE1/IM & PE2/IM

Started by Jessica Webber, February 26, 2017 · 3 Replies · 55 Views

Jessica Webber

https://youtu.be/LzNGxB2sxBs

For PE1/IM I've gotten some feedback that my shoulders weren't high enough and chest was sticking out too much.  Hopefully this addresses those issues as I'm not sure I can get my shoulders higher or chest in more (though I may still be misunderstanding what's meant by that).  Normally I'd do this with a 15 lb barbell but I wanted to shoot two angles and the barbell is too long to use in both directions.  

I noticed when I try to keep my shoulders really high and my chest really in that my arms are barely moving behind me at all.  Perhaps this sudden lack of mobility means I'm finally doing it right?

For PE2/IM I'm only doing it from my knees to stay in frame.  I know my left arm wasn't high enough.  I'll have to find a mirror or some other way of making sure my arms are level so I can work the weak side.  I'll be working this one for a long, long time I think.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jessica, for the IM1 you should try to lean more with the upper body, are your elbows completely locked?

You IM 2 it is awesome, rarely i've seen a shoulder extension with pronated grip and elbows pointed downward. by the way the grip must be with palms facing downward and not upward.

Jessica Webber

Thanks Alessandro

For IM1, am I correct that I should only lean as far forward as I can while keeping my arms perpendicular to the floor?  I watched a couple other form checks and it seems others are leaning over further, so that the bar is over their legs, not over their hips.  I thought the arms and torso should form a V pointed perpendicular to the floor.  If leaning further forward is good, are there certain angles things should be at that are ideal?

Winter Phoenix

Hi Jessica,

You are doing a great job with these.

For HS/PE1>iM as you lean your torso forward push the bar back as you are trying to improve shoulder flexion here. In the exercise video, the bar is in line with his knees while sitting cross-legged.