This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scale thoracic stretch?

Started by Natasha Anderberg, February 26, 2017 · 4 Replies · 89 Views

Natasha Anderberg

Hi,

I have just started my GB Journey and tried the stretch series this week - really good programs. I am having problems with my left shoulder and couldn't do any of the bridge work. I still need to work my shoulder mobility and strengh and wonder if there are any scaled options and where do I find them?

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

First of all I would highly reccomend to see a physio or other medical professional about your shoulder. 

It's totally normal to have difficulty with the final stretches in the TB course and you don't need to complete the entire series to begin with. Just work your way through as far as you get, and once your mobility and strength improve these will get easier. 

If you want to see individual progressions click on the Stretch Series icon under the “My Courses Library” section. Here you will also find videos with technical instructions and scaling alternatives. 

Feel free to submit form checks, this way we will be able to assist you better. 

Looking forward to follow your GB journey, feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions :)

Natasha Anderberg
45 minutes ago, Pauline Taube said:

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

First of all I would highly reccomend to see a physio or other medical professional about your shoulder. 

It's totally normal to have difficulty with the final stretches in the TB course and you don't need to complete the entire series to begin with. Just work your way through as far as you get, and once your mobility and strength improve these will get easier. 

If you want to see individual progressions click on the Stretch Series icon under the “My Courses Library” section. Here you will also find videos with technical instructions and scaling alternatives. 

Feel free to submit form checks, this way we will be able to assist you better. 

Looking forward to follow your GB journey, feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions :)

Thank you for your answer!

Have been to several physios since I ended my last season of waterskiing (competitot) in September last year, but still have problems with the shoulder. Working with mobility and strengh from my abilities. At the moment any bridge work is imposdible and thats why I look for scaling alternatives to work on mobility and strengh.

I looked under my courses libraries section but there are no scaling alternatives, just the whole follow along video?

I haven't really figurered out your system yet - how do you submit form checks? And what is the "Mastery" and how does that work? I am quite surprised that you don't get any information ahead on what equipment that you need (for exemple Bungee cords)

Thank you again for answering! 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Natasha , simply use the subforum of the thoracic series and post a video of your execution, pay attention to when you upload the video on youtube to put it on "unlisted"!

my suggestion it is to perform what you can, if necessary use the scaled version that you can find on the course page following this path

FITNESS> COURSE LIBRARY> STRETCH SERIES > THORACIC BRIDGE> THEN THE SECOND ICONA.

Also I suggest to spend 5-10 minutes daily on your weak point which are (assuming your limitations on the bridge) the elevated cat (one arm at time) and the inverted cat position.

Natasha Anderberg
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Natasha , simply use the subforum of the thoracic series and post a video of your execution, pay attention to when you upload the video on youtube to put it on "unlisted"!

my suggestion it is to perform what you can, if necessary use the scaled version that you can find on the course page following this path

FITNESS> COURSE LIBRARY> STRETCH SERIES > THORACIC BRIDGE> THEN THE SECOND ICONA.

Also I suggest to spend 5-10 minutes daily on your weak point which are (assuming your limitations on the bridge) the elevated cat (one arm at time) and the inverted cat position.

Thank you so much for the answers - finally found the scaling for the stretch series! Will def work with your suggestions with the cat positions, sounds really good! Maybe I will figure out how to submit a video one day!