This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Lean Form

Started by Brian Lee, February 26, 2017 · 2 Replies · 125 Views

Brian Lee

Hi I'm super new to fitness as a whole(from the background you can tell I'm really just a music geek). I figure I should start getting into shape so in that process I want to start training with the goal of eventually get a planche in a couple years(does having a solid 30 sec straddle planche by June 2019 sound possible starting from complete beginner level or should I reevaluate my goals?)

Anyway I started watching a few videos on YouTube and tried the planche lean. I really can't hold it for any substantial amount of time, but I still want to check and make sure that my form is solid from the start before I start practicing incorrectly. 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Brian, 

A straddle planche by June 2019 sounds like an excellent goal! Difficulty holding this position is common for beginners but the Foundation One Course contains some straddle planche exercises that will prepare your shoulders, wrists, back, and hips for this movement. I suggest checking out F1 as it will be your ticket to developing a proper straddle planche safely and efficiently.  

Alessandro Mainente

On the actual form the 10 seconds mark position it is good.