Apleys Scratch Test - Shoulder mobility

Started by Jay Dunn, February 25, 2017 · 1 Replies · 1,789 Views

Jay Dunn

Hey all,

I have had some problems with my Shoulders for the past few years, but just recently found the Apleys Scratch test for mobility. I did it and found my left shoulder was perfect, but my right shoulder has over a 9 inch gap between the two hands! Apparently, anything more than 2in is bad. 

Does anybody have any mobility exercises that I could use to help free my shoulder up? I can only imagine such a big deficit makes injury of the shoulder extremely easy.

As an aside, my trap on my right side also looks noticeably smaller and the collar bone in a weird way looks shorter. Could the tightness surrounding the area be a cause of this?

 

Thank you for any help,

Jay

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jay, first of all, you need to check a physio in order to see what is the cause of the limitation. I do not prescribe anything more until the diagnosis.