This may be a dumb question but, when you switch from the tuck fl to the advanced tuck fl, are you supposed to be able get the "flat" back right away? Or not? Because I've really been struggling with this. I know I haven't been able to train it everyday or as much as I would want to, but I just wanted to check...
Can't get the "flat" back on the FL
Started by Rampage, February 8, 2010 · 5 Replies · 3,167 Views
You are only supposed to switch to the flat back FL when you can do it.
Have you tried getting into the flat back position while inverted and lowering to it?
If you don't have the flat back you are not doing the advanced tuck FL. I prefer to think while doing this, in not straightening the back but putting the legs as if i was on lying on the floor with bent legs and the palm of the feet on the floor ( at this position back turns from curved to straight position),
I'm in the same point as you are. I find it very hard to hold the flat tuck lever with the hips at the same level with the head. What really helped me to hold it was: Jumping in to the skill, or lowering to the skill. Also don't forget to press your hands as you were trying to get them close to your hips and try to make your shoulders go back. I hope that made sense
Blairbob said:You are only supposed to switch to the flat back FL when you can do it.Have you tried getting into the flat back position while inverted and lowering to it?
I usually just get into a tuck fl and then I start lowering my body.
I think I have to extend out your legs, because lowering the body from the tuck fl doesn't do anything.
I got the 60 second hold for the basic tuck fl in one day, so the next day I was attempting the advanced one and I thought I was doing it, but then I filmed myself to see and it was all wrong, my back was not flat at all.
serotonin said:If you don't have the flat back you are not doing the advanced tuck FL. I prefer to think while doing this, in not straightening the back but putting the legs as if i was on lying on the floor with bent legs and the palm of the feet on the floor ( at this position back turns from curved to straight position),
Yes, this is exactly what I think: instead of lowering your body, it seems that what you have to do is to extend out the legs together. It's much harder to do that than to lower your body.