This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE6 Dips

Started by Ryan Bailey, February 24, 2017 · 7 Replies · 79 Views

Ryan Bailey

Hi Everyone,

Do you mind having a quick look at these dips? Anything else to focus on with this warm up?

Thanks,

Ryan

Petri Widsten

Hi Ryan

If your current mobility allows it get your shoulders down to the level of your hands. Strenghtwise they look easy.

Ryan Bailey

Very good Petri,

 Thanks for the heads up. In warm up, I hang out at the bottom for a while and the range and depth is improving. 

Should my shoulders be directly above the hands? Right now they are a little in front.

Thanks again!

Petri Widsten

I think shoulders vertically aligned with hands is better but let a coach correct this if I'm wrong. It's worth it getting all the rom you can for the later progressions. I do them weighted as a finisher.

Alessandro Mainente

Please stop in between reps and hold the support position for a couple of seconds. perform the ascent portion fo the dip slower.

Ryan Bailey
23 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Please stop in between reps and hold the support position for a couple of seconds. perform the ascent portion fo the dip slower.

Thanks for the feedback, is this better? I am assuming we hold the support position in PE 7 and the other dip variations as well?

Ryan

Alessandro Mainente

nice work now.

Ryan Bailey

Thanks!