Slizzardman Muscle ups

Started by Joshua Naterman, February 7, 2010 · 16 Replies · 4,051 Views

Joshua Naterman

r-5UPPnMrXA

Not quite perfect, since I was in a hurry and my pull up and push up work was done yesterday. Still, not bad for 226. Yes, I've lost a few pounds :P I'm actually 220 flat first thing in the morning. I guess that's what happens when my workouts and nutrition both get screwed up.

jl5555

Great job dude! Very strong. You do that like you're a pixie....

Joshua Naterman

Thanks! One day I'll be able to do a proper L-seat muscle up. That's a long way off, my triceps are nowhere near strong enough to stay upright lol!

Cole Dano

Looking good!

Blairbob

Very strong MU. notice the wider than normal ring width. It's not quite a wide arm MU, but it's getting there with a very smooth transition.

IvanPS

Really cool how you go slowly trough that transition plus as Blairbob said the width.

Joshua Naterman

Thanks guys! I definitely focus on developing my strength and stability, and I'm glad it's paying off. Eventually, some years down the line, I'll be doing a MU that's at least very close to the famous Andreas Aguilar muscle up. The slow transition is where it all starts, I believe. I've never worked the close muscle ups, this is just how I started doing them. I think that because my false grip work is done wider than normal I didn't have trouble starting with the relatively wide MU.

Razz

Very impressive, looking forward to your iron cross soon :twisted:

Gregor

Where you have pause, you should have rolled your shoulders a litlle earlier, then there wont be any pause.

GREAT JOB THOUGH!!

Sternford

1. That transition was awesome

2. I have that same scale. It is weird

Joshua Naterman

Gregor: I'll be working on that from now on. Thanks!

Sternford: Lol thanks! The scale IS weird. I only got it because it does .2 lb increments, which was the smallest I could find on a digital scale at the time. The bone mass, body fat and water ratios are a load of crap though, it thinks I have 29% body fat. Makes me laugh to think that some people depend on those things for bodyfat measurements.

heinrich

These look GREAT!

You must have worked on the transition really hard.

One question since my Computer has no sound..

Did you tell in the video that you use chalk to maintain the false grip?

Joshua Naterman

I think so! I'm not sure. My flexibility is getting better, so I won't need it in a month or two.

Aushion Chatman

Awesome work man!

Joshua Naterman

Thanks!

I'd like to point out that because I don't consider my shoulder to be ready for muscle ups, I still do not train them as a movement. I work on the components for now, and this is working very, very well as you can all see. If you've got a nagging injury like me, be smart and don't do more advanced stuff until it's completely gone.

robotstrong

Respect. Muscle up at 226 is bad to the bone.

ASForum

Slizzy - You rock.