This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL SE1 Side Lever Block

Started by Jennifer Rodriguez, February 23, 2017 · 8 Replies · 187 Views

Jennifer Rodriguez

Ok, just making sure.    Would someone be willing to post a pic of this from direct behind so I can see the shoulders and arms.    One shoulder is necessarily going to be higher than the other, yes?  When the notes say keep body square it means parallel to the stall bars or does it mean keep the shoulders at the same level? 

Jennifer Rodriguez

Also, when I log this, I log the time I did on the weaker side?

Everett Carroll

Hi Jennifer,

Train the same time on both sides. This means that your weaker side should dictate how long you hold this for. Once your weaker side catches up to your stronger side, then you can progress evenly. 

Keeping the body square means keep your chest facing the bars at all time. Don't allow your torso to twist. The video below is a great example:

 

Jennifer Rodriguez

OK this video makes more sense to me.  Thank you!

Jennifer Rodriguez

Her upper arm is on the offset bar?  That's allowed?

Alessandro Mainente

I prefer pole on the same level.

Jennifer Rodriguez

Ok starting from the highest non-offset rung and keeping the body in a straight line was much easier to do (like the lady in the vid above) than trying to bend the knees like in the course video.   I'm not that coordinated (yet).  Thanks!!

Christopher Denzer

Does anyone else find these super-taxing on the upper body? When I first tried them, I was confused why they were included in Core work because my arms would shake after a few sets. These also revealed a glaring strength imbalance between my left and right side. Ridiculous. 

Everett Carroll

Yes! Your Manna, Side Lever, and Front Lever progressions will all eventually incorporate the upper body. Everything in Foundations integrates as you go along. Nice work reaching your specific SL training B-)