Do these seem ok for MU from seated position?
Kx4YRSEelfg
Started by IvanPS, February 7, 2010 · 13 Replies · 3,159 Views
Do these seem ok for MU from seated position?
Kx4YRSEelfg
only criticism is that your support position could be better (rings turned out, arms dead straight)
other than that keep training and building the strength.
In one sense I like that because it makes you control the negative. Also, real hard to kip from a seat.
You look good! Now it's time to work the russian dips and false grip pull ups so you can get rid of that forward lean during the transition!
thanks for the criticism, i pay more attention to locking my elbows out now
@slizzardman: i can only train russian dips once a week unfortunately, when we have PE at school
vUFs4_ygYOI
is this proper form for back levers?
in the tuck planche my hips are above shoulders, can I practice like that or should I concentrate on having them in line with my shoulders?
when i'm training muscle up...i focuse my attention only on the transition, i use a pulley system and when i started i use an aid of 20 kg, now, after 2 weeks i use only 5 kg, i focuse my attention on the negative repetitions and i've tried to lean foward with the shoulders not so much. Only the training of transition with pulley system helped me a lot of...after i've tried to do muscle up from seated position mith bent arm and straight arm and i didn't have any problem because i've rinforced the most difficult part of muscle up, rinforced the transition you don't have the necessity to lean foward to much and in this way the muscle up will become more fluid...
Transition work is definitely key. How's your pulley system set up?
Ivan, BL looks pretty good. Another step in training the BL is doing it without your triceps and lats connected by pulling the rings to the sides. It's definitely different.
Shoulders and hips should be at the same level during planche.
slizzardman said:Transition work is definitely key. How's your pulley system set up?
my rings are fixed to the ceiling, between the rings i set up a pulley, and another pulley is set up on the ceiling approximately one meter from the ring. you can use a inner tube of a car, you can bing the tube with a rope wich you can pass into the 2 pullleys. in the rope wich pass in the second pulley ( the pulley that i set up one meter from the rings) you can bind a weight (depends of your stregth) and after you can sit down in the inner tube, in this way you have an aid of the weigth that you put at the pulley in the farthest. I put the 2nd pulley at one meter because i don't want the weight on my head!!!!
bring the rings and decrease the weigth as you strength increase. I use a typical routine for the strength that i found in a bodybuilding workout. I try muscleup 3 days a week, starting with a aid of 20 kg, 20 kg is big, if you don't have any problem to perform about 15 muscleup with 20kg you can decrease the weigth. I start the muscleup with my arm bent a little more thant 100°.
I perform 4 rounds of 10-8-6-6 reps, and i decrease the weight of 0,5 kg on every round. When i'm capable of doing 7-8 muscle up very slowly (about 5 sec ascent, and 6-7 sec descent) i perform with the same aid the muscle up from start straigth arm position, in this way i increase my grip strength. I notice that 0,5 kg is a very little reduction, my strength increase quickly
I use pulley also from the iron cross training...
sorry for the english
No worries, your english isn't a problem! I've thought about making that setup myself, but have never followed through. I'm glad to hear it's working, I'm going to get onto that! How do you attach yourself to the pulley? Is it a vest, a climbing harness, a belt, or something else?
slizzardman said:No worries, your english isn't a problem! I've thought about making that setup myself, but have never followed through. I'm glad to hear it's working, I'm going to get onto that! How do you attach yourself to the pulley? Is it a vest, a climbing harness, a belt, or something else?
oh i've seen only now that i use your video in youtube for my muscleup preconditioning!!! i recommend it to everyones who wants to achieve muscle up!!!
now...i simply sit in the inner tube, and i put the inner tube between the harmstrings and the ass....is a inner tube of a car, because a tube of a bicycle stretches too.you can easily perform the muscle up if you ar sit down, you can perform the muscle up also if your legs aren't bent much
i found this pulley system very useful to training other skills like iron cross, or maltese, or planche...the aid of some weigth is helpful because you can do planche pushup, pseudo maltese pushup and negative movements or isometrich hold and with time increase your strength by decreasing the aid...
a common mistake in my opinion is try to do the muscleup using the kipping, i'm not contrary to this tecnique, but in the beginning i was able to do muscle up but the kipping was doing the 80% of the work and it wasn't my objective. I've chosen that i I would not have used more the kipping in muscle up, never..
a big benefit of the pulley is that can allows to focuse only on the strentgh, i don't want to achieve a result with a shortcut,
kipping is an option for me, not an obliged step!!!
if i can i will upload a photo or a video
Cool! Thank you for the set up!
It's kind of funny that you're already doing the things I outlined in my muscle up video lol! I can't wait to make my own set up! I'm going to do it this weekend, I think.
slizzardman said:Cool! Thank you for the set up!It's kind of funny that you're already doing the things I outlined in my muscle up video lol! I can't wait to make my own set up! I'm going to do it this weekend, I think.
i have a question for you, when i'm doing muscle up, at the end of a series of 5-6 muscle up i must use my full strength in the transition and i hear a soft discomfort into my elbow, i suppose under the elbow!
what do you think about it?
thank you
This is a question I hope Coach weighs in on this because he'll really know what to tell you, but in my experience that means you're better off doing maybe 3-4, and working them for either an extra set or two, or doing a second session later in the week or later in the day to get them all in. It's super important to stress the elbows but not strain them. Strain means you actually mess up the fiber structure of the tendons or muscles, and that takes time to heal. It's technically a very minor tear. THink of it that way lol! Also, you may find that one or two sessions with double or triple the assistance works well as recovery work. Kind of how the assisted planches have helped me fix my inner elbow issues. I still do them, and I'd suggest that you do the heavier assisted stuff on a different day as a kind of recovery exercise and also use them to warm up for your heavy MU sets.