This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

shoulder click on scapular shrugs

Started by Aaron Kaswen, February 23, 2017 · 4 Replies · 106 Views

Aaron Kaswen

Hey all, recently started foundation 1 and I'm loving it so far!  In general I'm feeling soooo much more limber already after only a couple months!  Recently, my scapular shrugs have started getting a little higher in number, and I've noticed that every so often one of my shoulders seems to "click" or grind as I retract my shoulders.  Is this a problem or just a sign that I need to build more strength as I go through the program?  I used to do crossfit (taking a break and using GB to kinda rehab from it) and I remember clicking happening a lot when I would attempt overhead squats and eventually lead to me hurting my shoulder.  I think I made a full recovery from it (took a whole month off), but I wanna make sure I don't let it happen again.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Aaron I would like to see  a video execution from the front and also from the ceiling so that I can clearly see scpaulae movement.

Aaron Kaswen

 

 

It's primarily my right shoulder that seems to click

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Aaron from the front view seems that your right arm it is not exactly under the shoulder, try to be accurate on that.

from the upper view, I notice that your left shoulder blade completely moves on the side, while the right has some restriction and the side movement (protraction)  it is not completed. maybe a cause can be a tight retractor like the rhomboid or the middle trap. do you have the thoracic bridge series?

Aaron Kaswen

yes, I'm working the stretch series concurrently with foundation 1