This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout times

Started by Aaron Hughson, February 23, 2017 · 3 Replies · 133 Views

Aaron Hughson

Hey guys,

 

What is your opinion on workout times. The only times available to me are 4AM start or 7-9PM Start and nothing in between. I am subscribed to Thrive and Stretch Series. And if you've learned anything about meal construction this kind of schedule throws it off. 

I eat at 6-7am, 12:30-1:30 pm, and 6-7pm. Maybe an apple or some jerky as a snack. But I'm of the belief in yoga you do it on an empty stomach. So ramble ramble... Any suggestions?

 

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hey Aaron,

Whichever option will allow you more sleep gets my vote. If stretching early allows you to get to bed earlier, then do that. If you won't go to bed until later anyway then sleep in and stretch in the evening. 

Suzanna McGee

I do my workouts in the middle of the day. Used to do my 3 stretches there too, but the last few months I developed the habit of doing my FSS, MSS and TBS at night before sleep. I eat a light dinner early, and do my stretches at 8:45 PM… In bed by 10 PM.  I started to do so because I feel nicely relaxed in my body and mind at night (aka, I am braindead, I cannot do anything creative anyway). When I am done with the stretch, I feel so relaxed and tired, that I sleep really well… 

Jennifer Rodriguez

I personally find that being inactive after stretching increases how sore I am,  so I try to avoid stretch before sleeping or sitting for long periods.    I like to do the stretching when I know I can move around a little after, do a little walking, light daily activity, or something like that.   But everyone is different.