This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Strained shoulder

Started by Affan Osman, February 22, 2017 · 5 Replies · 107 Views

Affan Osman

So yesterday I was going to do Upper body. I tried doing a warmup set of elevated pushups and my right shoulder felt weird. Wasn't hurting but didn't feel right too. Then I did a warm up set of RC PE1 (I am on 4x6r PE2) but didn't feel any discomfort or pain. I didn't continue further with workout. I was thinking what I must have done to strain it. The day before I had done Movement and Core. Movement was suppose to be on Sunday but I was late by a day. I did 10x6r for T2.1, T3.1 & T4.2 after warmups. I felt nothing while doing it but I think on T4.2 I may have rolled incorrectly and put too much pressure on shoulder at the bottom position when you are in a roll. Thats the only thing I can think of. I also sat in deep squat position for a couple of minutes with two 8 pound dumbbells for balance. Not sure if that had anything to do with it!

I will give it a few days rest and hopefully its nothing bad. Is there anything you guys can suggest?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Affan, first thing it is to stop with training or stay away for painful movements for a couple of days, usually after 3-4 days you should see a serious improvements of the problem and this says that it is a minor problem. let us know how thing goes.

Affan Osman

So after a 5 day break today I tested my shoulder again. Elevated Pushups, scapular shrugs  and RC PE2 felt fine. Only did a couple of sets. Then I decided to do movement series. Warmup felt good till I did lizard. Felt some pain in the shoulder region when I extended right arm. Did not even try inch worms. So not sure whats going on. Am afraid to even do handstand series!

Bas Albinus

you might want to see a doctor about it. Maybe a longer lay off will be best. Definitely stay away from movements that hurt and probably best to avoid movements at your ROM limit.  
If your shoulder doesn't hurt doing shrugs and dead hangs that's great, you could keep those up. But really: go see a doctor!

Winter Phoenix

Hi Affan,

Your body is telling you something here, so my suggestion like Bas has said would be to see a Doctor to get a medical opinion. Hope that everything is okay and please keep us updated?

Leo Trinidad

Hi Affan,

Listen to your body. Alex, Bas and Winter's advise is correct. Best to seek a medical professional to see what is wrong. Avoid all exercises that will cause that pain. All the exercises/movement/mobility that doesn't cause pain may still be done. Keep us posted. Seek medical professional as soon as you can.