This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TBSSE16 hs shoulder flexion press

Started by Leigh Kettle, February 22, 2017 · 7 Replies · 176 Views

Leigh Kettle

Heh guys

Please can you form check my chest to wall shoulder flexion reps .

i like many others am struggling with the thoracic series so Your advice is very much welcomed here 

leigh https://youtu.be/j7EXhtr-_-Y

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

Your off to a good start. Stretching and flexibility is a process and often takes much longer to improve than regular strength training. It is okay to be struggling with these stretches now because you will improve as you are consistent in your training. It is also alright to choose one or two key exercises from the stretch series to include as part of your warm-up and cool-down on your strength training days.

As you do this exercise, avoid ducking your chin to your chest. Work on keeping your head in a neutral position as you press the shoulders and chest open.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Leigh, as stated by Jeffrey ti is a procress, I suggest to  begin a little more closer to the wall. also you can consider in a separate day to do the same exercise but rest in the position where you can touch the wall. it can be a good additional work if you are specifically tight in this exercise. I find the wall flexion extremely useful with all my clients.

Leigh Kettle

https://youtu.be/dFd8m9ka848

@Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente

hey guys is this this any better and more like what you mean ?

many thanks 

Leigh 

Alessandro Mainente

This is approximately as the previous video, you need to spend more time in the elevated cat and on the reverse cat.

Leigh Kettle

Yes will do . In another thread Everett has suggested just that so I will leave this exercise alone for a while 

Leigh Kettle

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner and @Alessandro Mainente

I’ve submitted another form check as it’s been a while since the last one and as I’ve been told  my shoulder flexion has improved I wondered what next for me to improve this exercise 

many thanks 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Leight, the more you can hold the sternum in the better the result.