This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training Frequency enough?

Started by Daniel Miles, February 22, 2017 · 2 Replies · 213 Views

Daniel Miles

Just wanted various opinions regarding the F1 strength programming. 

So currently doing coach sommer's recommended schedule:

Mon: Core

Tuesday: Middle Split

Wednesday: Lower and Front Split

Thursday: Upper

Friday: Handstand and Thoracic Bridge

Sat/Sun: Rest

Is training upper once per week enough for strength improvements? I feel like I could do more at the end of each workout (not including stretch series) Are there any other essential exercises/movements I could program in to accelerate results? I am patient and in no hurry but just trying to workout the most efficient way of progression. I understand a lot of F1 is geared towards work capacity and mobility deficits. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

Stick with Coach's recommended schedule. If you have extra energy after your workout you can add in some additional mobility work. Feel free to experiment with a set or two of more advanced mobility exercises during this time or perform some extra sets of your current iM's that you still need to improve upon. Most students find that they consistently make progress using this schedule so as long as that is the case for you, stick with it!

Darin Phoenix

Hey Daniel,

Good advice from Everett.

Generally speaking it is a good idea to stick with a schedule for at least 8 - 12 weeks before assessing it's effectiveness. As you progress through Foundation the program automatically increases your workload demand through an increase in both sets and reps. 

I would monitor my recovery towards the end of an exercise progression/training cycle before even considering increasing my training frequency. It is Coach's preferred schedule for a reason.