This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RMR Testing and DEXA scan results

Started by Aaron Hughson, February 22, 2017 · 5 Replies · 95 Views

Aaron Hughson

Hey guys I was hoping you could take the time to look at my results and give me your input. Obviously Thrive isn't about measuring your food intake. But this kind of puts a perspective on things to help me with my nutrition journey and how to best fuel my body in the right amounts. My meal construction has been on point considerably well. So I feel ok with playing scientists. But considering the workout. I probably am not burning enough calories to cut the fat that I have. Pictures below... 

 

@Jeff Serven I obviously want your opinion too. Hence the tag.

@Everett Carroll Perhaps you could suggest additional exercises to perform? I currently jump Rope daily 8-15 minutes before limbering up and working out. Perhaps morning along with my night sessions?

 

Thanks All.

IMG_1764.PNG

IMG_1765.PNG

IMG_1766.PNG

IMG_1767.PNG

IMG_1768.PNG

IMG_1769.PNG

IMG_1770.PNG

Everett Carroll

Hi Aaron,

Are you training Foundation One or are you currently only doing Thrive and Stretch?

Aaron Hughson

@Everett Carroll,

 

I have Thrive, Stretch Series, Foundation, and Handstand, I'm at the beginning. Trying to stay consistent with my work and aiming to progress each workout as I see it. Definitely like the new interface as it allows me to advance each work out until I hit the right stride. Currently following coaches recommended schedule. I just feel with my body composition I need to cut this fat.

Everett Carroll

That's great Aaron! Don't try to rush or force anything, including body fat loss. Stick to Thrive diligently and be consistent with all of your weekly workouts and nutritional tasks. See Thrive through to the end, maintain those habits, and train regularly. Take everything one day at a time and measure your progress in months and years. If you commit now to strictly following the programming through the rest of this year you will without a doubt exceed beyond your goals.

Rather than making a drastic change, aim for small improvements and adjustments each day. Over this year, those small but regular improvements will accumulate and produce drastic results in the end. I understand your desire to get rid of it now but attempting to rush the weight loss may only make it more difficult to achieve. Keep it simple and use the amazing information, tools, and resources you have access to. The results will follow.   

Aaron Hughson

@Everett Carroll,

 

Patience has never been my strong suit especially when I love the deep scientific perspective. But you're the example that sets the mark. I hear you gained great lean mass doing GST. 

 

Wondering if you could tell me if my workout times are detrimental though. I have 4am and 8pm available to me. Otherwise I'm on the road or working.

Everett Carroll

Those times are certainly not detrimental. You can have great success training early and/or late. Respect your sleep, however, and try to find a schedule that allows you plenty of it: