This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Exercise Order

Started by Miguel Perez, February 22, 2017 · 1 Replies · 97 Views

Miguel Perez

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this was posted before, but I was unable to come across it. I have had great results thus far, and am progressing well along in Foundations 1. My question has to do with the day's order of exercises within a category such as upper body, core, etc. I have noticed that there are times when a prior exercise, and its paired mobility, can make the next one more difficult than it otherwise would have been. Particularly after completing mastery and beginning work with a new exercise type. If we are testing for mastery, or simply have more trouble with a particular exercise than others, should we plan to do it earlier in the workout or stick to the top-down order posted? Or should we take into account a certain amount of rest time between in order to fully recover? It may be that the order is also taken into account and simply must be adapted to. In which case, I will stick to it. I am enjoying this system so far, and looking forward to further results, just wondering how much we should tinker with its structure. 

Thanks again for any input,

Miguel

Everett Carroll

Hi Miguel,

Awesome question! Master using the follow along videos. Don't take any additional rest and stick to the order listed so that you can go through each follow along video in sequence. Don't worry about "fully recovering"; once you have enough work capacity, you will be able to master a movement no matter what came before it. Adapt to the order and work to master a movement no matter the other circumstances. That is true mastery of a movement.