This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS2??

Started by Bill Marr, February 21, 2017 · 5 Replies · 129 Views

Bill Marr

Hi All:

Presently I follow this GST weekly schedule:

Mon - C,HS1   Tue - MS   Wed - LB,FS   Thu - UB,HS1   Fri - C,TB   Sat  - HS1   Sun - UB

I supplement this with a minimum of 3 days a week of HIIT training (skipping, kettlebells, sprints when not -30) and I play football (soccer) but sidelined now with a torn meniscus.

I realise HS2 is intended to be done in conjunction with HS1. My questions would be a) on average, how long is each HS2 session (same as HS1, more/less?), b) how would I best incorporate HS2 into my above schedule (ie... sub out one of the HS1 sessions, or add an HS2 session or two per week? Time isn't a big issue and I recover fine for an early middle age (58 ) guy ;)

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Bill, no, I think that H2 can be trained the same day of H1, since the H2 will benefits from the mobility of the previous H1 exercises. I would begin with only one session per week for now.

Bill Marr

Grazie, Alessandro.

Alessandro Mainente

you are welcome!

Luke Searra

Bill are you sure you don't want a rest day in there somewhere?

Bill Marr

Hey Luke:

My thinking is I have spaced out workouts so as I have adequate rest between various body parts...so far recovery has been fine. I'm still in the early stages of HS, so the workload isn't too severe. I'm guessing once I start venturing into more strength elements in F2 and beyond & HS, I am going to have to taper back on the frequency, add rest days and/or de-load weeks. If I feel a reduction of energy levels I certainly will dial it back. But for now, I feel great.