This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Problems with RC/PE2

Started by Andrea Colarusso, February 21, 2017 · 10 Replies · 151 Views

Andrea Colarusso

Hi everyone, I'm struggling very much with rc/pe2 step 4x12. Sometimes.i.can do 12 12 12 10 other times 12 12 10 7 but i can't pass that step. 

I decided now to train them 3 times a week.

First session- i follow the template.

Second- many sets of 4-5 rep with weights, same total volume of the template.

Third- high volume session, many sets of 6-5 reps.

Do.you think it's a good strategy or is there something else i can do?

The strange thing it's that i am very advanced in other exercises especially with manna, sls, hbp (foundation 2).

Darin Phoenix

Hi Andrea, 

Can I ask how long you have been struggling with rc/pe2? 

As I have stated before on the forums training for strength does not follow a linear progression. The body adapts on its own time clock and if there are physiological adaptions that have to be made in order for you to progress then these adaptations can take time. From your post it looks like you are progressing well through the program, I am not sure that there is any need for drastic alterations to your programming.

Volume is definitely a training variable that can be adjusted to illicit an adaptive response. An increase in training volume will only be effective if you are sufficiently recovering from your workouts, if this is not the case then increasing the volume may have a detrimental effect on your training. 

Sometimes the best course of action is to resist our tendency for change and allow the body to adapt to the current demands. Just because you cannot see the process occurring from workout to workout does not mean that it is not happening. Another good option is to submit a video for review, this can help if there are any form corrections that may help improve the efficiency of your movement.

  

Antonio Alías Montoya
55 minutes ago, Andrea Colarusso said:

Hi everyone, I'm struggling very much with rc/pe2 step 4x12. Sometimes.i.can do 12 12 12 10 other times 12 12 10 7 but i can't pass that step. 

I decided now to train them 3 times a week.

First session- i follow the template.

Second- many sets of 4-5 rep with weights, same total volume of the template.

Third- high volume session, many sets of 6-5 reps.

Do.you think it's a good strategy or is there something else i can do?

The strange thing it's that i am very advanced in other exercises especially with manna, sls, hbp (foundation 2).

Did you post your check forms? I higly recommed you!  :)

Winter Phoenix

Hi Andrea,

Like Darin suggested it would be beneficial to submit a video for form review, that way you can then get individualised feedback on this exercise.

 

Andrea Colarusso

Thank you very much. Now i have tried this step.for about two months.

As soon as possible i'll post a video for form check.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

@Andrea Colarusso We are looking forward to seeing your video!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Andrea, working on low reps with added weight will improve generally the maximal strenght BUT your stall point it is focused on higher reps where a different energetic system it is involved. then transfert from lowe reps to higher reps tends to be valid in the range of 7-9 reps or less, generally when you have the same energetic system. a good example it is that if you want to improve your 5RM you can improve your 2 or 3RM. on the other side if you wan to improve the 12 RM you cannot improve it by training the 3RM, the rapetition range it is too much influenced by energetic system specific fatigue. my suggestion it is try to improve the total volume session over session by adding another set at the end of the last set.

this is a common mistake in the bodyweight training and also in the calisthenics, people tend to think that with 30 pullup you should be able to do one arm pullup one. this is bullshit, since th research of the one arm pullup it is more neural then pure glicolitic problem. you will never get the correct carryover.

Darin Phoenix

@Andrea Colarusso we look forward to seeing your videos as well.

Also spending 2 months on a progression is not a particularly long time, as I said if there are physiological adaptations that the body needs to make to deal with the demands that are being placed on it these do not happen overnight. 

Stick with the program, focus on being consistent, allow your body adequate time to recover while fueling it with the proper nutrition and the results will take care of themselves. 

Andrea Colarusso

Thank you all guys for your exaustive replies! I'll keep you informed :)

Chris Umiastowski

Definitely submit form check videos, they are SO helpful, as the coaches are pointing  stuff out that I would not have noticed on my own.  At absolute minimum video yourself and look for any issues.  As for gaining the strength / endurance I think they're giving good advice here.  Patience is required.  I'm stuck on 4 x 6 reps of the same exercise (ground rows), and I'm SO close to finishing set 4 with a full 6 reps in good form, but my body is tiring on the 5th rep right now.  

I gained endurance by making sure my form was solid (video review), and it helped a lot.  I was not doing the exercise in as tight form as I should have been.  Correcting the form made it harder, and I gained strength by doing it right.

I'm so loving this program!

 

Andrea Colarusso

I understand very well your feelings Chris, i think it's part of the game :D i never used form check.on this forum but you've conviced me to do this more often!