This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Hollow vs Full body Hollow Rocks

Started by Mike Ross, February 21, 2017 · 6 Replies · 284 Views

Mike Ross

I find it very strange but I find Full body hollow rocks Much much easier than bent hollow rocks even though they come later in the progression

I am able to do more full body than bent which is weird....Anyone else experience this?

Everett Carroll

Hey Mike,

I have not experienced this. I suggest submitting a form check video of each. 

Mike Ross

I know on the full body rocks my overhead shoulder mobility is stiff...but the Manna PE 1 tuck ups I am able to do 5x15 and full body rocks I can do 3 sets of 30 but for some reason the bent hollow rocks i struggle with the endurance...weird...I actually feel like i have a better hollow body hold doing full body than half

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Mike,

Great advice from Everett. In my opinion, sending in a video to Video Review or posting a Form Check here on the Forum is the quickest way to successful GST. It will help you to save time in the future by fixing any deficiencies in form or technique now rather than having to go back and fix things later. That applies to all of your exercises, not just hollow body work.

Andrew Long

it could have something to do with the fact that you have more weight away from your cog creating a larger lever for movement in the full body rocks.   I also found them easier than bent rocks at first but if you do them perfectly the full body rocks will become much harder than the bent ones.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Mike Ross

As Everett and Jeffrey said, please send some videos for form check. Hollow Body Rocks are definitely harder than Bent Body Hollow Rocks. 

Mike Ross

I will send a. Idea in of each when I get a chance...my thoughts are that because I have an anterior pelvic tilt in a bent hollow rock I have that banana shape hollow position more than in the full body because my back isn't as flat on the ground because my lower back natural,arch is big