This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TECHNIQUE & SCALING VIDEOS FOR H1 & T1

Started by JAY ROACH, February 20, 2017 · 7 Replies · 230 Views

JAY ROACH

Both fundamentals & fondation 1 PE's and ME are laid out beautifully in the new format with follow along for every step and specific tips and scaling via Wesley's videos. Are there plans for a similar roll out for the H1 and or T1 series. I am an old guy but new to GST and find that the key points in the technique and scaling videos are extremely valuable / helpful. I don't think you could have picked a better instructor for the videos. He does a superb job at explaining and demonstrating complex movements and information, making it digestible and approachable. If there are not plans in the works, I think it may be worthy of consideration. 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jay, the elements of Handstand 1 can be scaled appropriately especially the IM's, you can obtain the suggestion you need simply by asking in the correct section. film youself, post the execution and if necessary i'm glad to help you.

JAY ROACH

I am aware that is always an option. However, like I said above, key points in the scaling and technique videos are extremely helpful and do no require me to film and upload videos. Simply click and learn. At this point I do not need help. I was simply asking if there are plans to make H1 and/or movement 1 more like foundations 1. I think it would make an excellent addition to the website / experience.

Pauline Taube

Hi Jay,

Form checks are always helpful regardless of the technical tip videos. I would highly reccomend to record some of your training to ensure that your form is correct :) 

Thanks for your suggestions, Jay. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly working on improving our services and we appreciate all suggestions :) 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, JAY ROACH said:

I am aware that is always an option. However, like I said above, key points in the scaling and technique videos are extremely helpful and do no require me to film and upload videos. Simply click and learn. At this point I do not need help. I was simply asking if there are plans to make H1 and/or movement 1 more like foundations 1. I think it would make an excellent addition to the website / experience.

For what it is concerned with movement the progression it is scaled itself. unfortunately without a proper basic preparation on strenght and flexibility the movement section (aside the first locomotion drills) can appear very hard. this is not a matter of scaling them more than that, but fill the gaps in order to being able to execute the minimal variation.

For the Handstand the wrist sections it is perfectly scaled and the handstand itself it is build up so progressively that the progression itself it is a scaled version. it is like to say "how can I scale the full planche?" foundations explain how to do it. because there is for sure an easier PE that you can perform.

Stretch it is different because it is impossible to know if something it is easy for you or not. this leads to the necessity to have a scaled variation.

JAY ROACH

I just started H1. The exercises are basic and relatively easy. I do not need them scaled back, form and technique are not overly complicated (for now). I think you are missing the point of my initial post. For beginners to start of on the right foot and not have to go back and correct errors in form or technique, the key points stressed in the technique videos are extremely valuable. A simple point and click to ensure you start out right. As opposed to form checks and corrections back and forth. Once again, I just have a simple comment: If there are no plans to roll out the H1 and movement platforms to more closely resemble the new F1 platform, there should be. It would add great value to the website and user experience. Simply an opinion.

Luke Searra

Jay, there are plans to do this in the future but we do not currently have an eta. It has been discussed at length on the forum. Stay on your toes and be ready for when it happens!

Mark Pennington
20 hours ago, Luke Searra said:

Jay, there are plans to do this in the future but we do not currently have an eta. It has been discussed at length on the forum. Stay on your toes and be ready for when it happens!

hello team, you guys have literally changed my life and i love this program more than i probably should. ;)

that being said, would it at least  be possible to detail the technical points for H1 in written form  while we are waiting for the videos? I am constantly referencing these key points for the other exercises and the two bullet points for each H1 progression is just lacking. ( of course it's only because the rest of the course is so good that we know the potential for what this can be)