This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressive Order question

Started by Justin McLeod, February 20, 2017 · 5 Replies · 181 Views

Justin McLeod

I've recently signed up for Foundations 1 and Stretching. I'm a bit confused as to how I should be progressing through them separately. The Foundations has a number of skills (front lever/side lever, etc.) and within each of those there are videos, both the exercise and mobility. Should these be done in a certain order?

The Split series throws in the addition of a follow along. Would this be done when I am proficient with the stretch exercises? Thanks for any guidance!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Justin the Foundations series can be adjusted in function of your necessity. in the dashboard you can see your available workout.

The minimal solution it is performing the upperbody workout one day and the core workout plus legs workout another session. 

the stretch series can be done in the "follow along" approach especially now that you are a beginner and you need to understand your limitation.

 

Patrick Hughes

Is there a reason to do all the core exercises together and all the upper body exercises together the way they are grouped on the dashboard?

I tend to do for example, the pushups, and then the hollow body and then ring pulls and then straddle ups.

It partly has to do with equipment as well, I do reverse leg lifts on a different day to the other core exercises because I do not have stall bars at home

Winter Phoenix

Hi Patrick,

You can adjust the workout settings to suit yourself and what equipment you have available. Hope that you are enjoying Foundation 1 and please feel free to use our video review system for any form checks you require.

 

Patrick Hughes

Thanks for the reply, but the question that I'm asking is that - the exercises are grouped together into core, upper body, lower body as if you should do all the core exercises together, all the upper body exercises together (in the same workout)

Is there any reason or benefit to this or is it just a convenient way to group them?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Patrick this is a good one to focus on one particular thing at time in order to avoid that one core exercise affects the upper body work and vice versa.