This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Programming Question

Started by Mike Ross, February 19, 2017 · 3 Replies · 116 Views

Mike Ross

First off I love the new interface

 

my question: I am big on gaining mobility in addition to strength...my body has always responded well to lifting weights as well...

I usually do the F1 (all the exercises) twice a week....I am wondering if I throw one day of weights (see below) and one day of locomotion movement...Is this too much or is this ok? thoughts....I should add I do the stretching routines from GB already

 

Day 1

Floor press 3x5

Rows 3x10

Tricep pull downs 3x10

Sit & Rotate 3x15 (with a heavy weight)

Skipping 15 minutes 

 

Day 2: Movement Day

3 minutes Bear crawl

3 minutes frogger 

3 minutes Monkey

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Mike as a general suggestion try to not overload the same muscles you have already trained in the previous days. doing something more it is fine if you counter balance this work with appropriate stretch. more than me I think that your body will tell you if you are doing too much, soon or later.

Dorian Brown

Try an experiment for 2 weeks. Do the exercises and write down how you feel and your progress in GST and your proposed lifts. If it works for you then great if you're not getting the results you need then stop. As long as you record what you do you still gain knowledge on what your body responds to and what it does not respond to so you'll benefit from the experiment even if you find your body can't handle that workload.

Pauline Taube

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback.

As for programming it depends on what your goals are. There's nothing wrong to add a bit of weight training for fun as long as you recover well. 

I found that the strength I've gained from GST has a great carryover when it comes to overall strength and weightlifting. However this type of training doesn't really help me improve my GST,  so your program should always reflect your goals :)