This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Benefits Extend Beyond the Program

Started by Joseph Sarti 76096, February 19, 2017 · 8 Replies · 172 Views

Joseph Sarti 76096

Well I thought I would take time to mention how the program continues to benefit me outside of Gymnastics Movements. 

At the same time I started the Foundations program in July 2016 I also began a deadlift regimen with a goal of accomplishing an All time 1 Rep max. This meant I needed to top 560lbs which I last did in 2010. Since I have not done a deadlift regimen since that time I knew I had some work ahead of me. I knew I could do 505 with little training but 560 is far from 505.

Long story short this past week I accomplished my goal and hit 570lbs. What I can say is this, the core work and overall integration for the additional strength work which helps with the development of the lats, middle/lower traps, rhomboids, pelvic girdle control and most important the integration of the neural aspects of connecting the body across the joints made this lift all the more easy. I give a majority of the credit to my GymnasticBodies programming because outside of the Deadlift this is my primary program. One could say it is accessory work but I would tell you it is far more than accessory work, GymnasticBodies is my goal.

Now that I have completed my Deadlift, it is my standalone goal. I have to admit my deadlift took a bit away from the GymnasticsBodies as it tends to tighten the fascial tissue. However, my GymnasticBodies helped to in turn loosen the connective tissue and helped with my recovery. My pike stretch is strong in large part because I always followed up my Deadlift with Pike or Jefferson curls to compliment the Deadlift along with a variation of Hollow Body holds/rocks. 

https://josephsarti.wordpress.com/2017/02/17/deadlift-pr-570lbs/

 

fullsizeoutput_1238.thumb.jpeg.df7556910a438edeadda1937e8f44748.jpegIMG_0004.jpg.79aa1dc6a554cc8f0997301d2fe0f553.jpgIMG_0189.thumb.PNG.3601f92658dc283e1a3311b88adcd4f5.PNG

Everett Carroll

Thanks for posting this Joseph and congratulations on the new PR! Really cool to see. 

Darin Phoenix

Fantastic work Joseph,

I love to see people set, then achieve there goals through diligent hard work and consistency. You a great example of how GST can be integrated to help people achieve a variety of fitness goals.

Keep us posted as to what your next challenge will be.

Leo Trinidad

Awesome work @Joseph Sarti 76096. Thank you for sharing your progress. Congratulations on your new PR. Can I ask permission to repost what you have posted here? (or at least send and share it to my friends here in the Philippines) 

Luke Searra 5306

Fantastic Joseph, I love your successful GST/Deadlift integration. Well done!

Joseph Sarti 76096

Leo Trinidad please it's an honor. Thank you and let me know if you need anything else.

Joseph Sarti 76096

Luke Searra, thank you. Much appreciated :)

Joseph Sarti 76096

Darin, thank you! As I am sure you understand the benefits are far reaching. My current goals purely revolve around GST training including Foundations 1-4, Handstand and Stretch series. I have a few other things that compliment the program I am training with Kettlebells but this is more of a compliment than a goal.

 

Joseph Sarti 76096

Thank you Everett! As a coach I find it important to lead by example. Setting goals, having a plan, and showing up to do the work to achieve the goal. I feel that Gymnastic Bodies is exactly that which is one of the reasons I chose this program. Much like my deadlift, with consistency through time and following progressions with attention to detail I will achieve goals related to this program. Thanks to Coaches and Athletes like yourself, Darin, Leo and a host of others you all have shown the way in much the same way I hope I am demonstrating.

Continued Success!