I have been on this PE at step 9 for a while now as my mobility is lacking. Just want to make sure my form on PE is looking good. Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Affan Osman, February 19, 2017 · 3 Replies · 41 Views
I have been on this PE at step 9 for a while now as my mobility is lacking. Just want to make sure my form on PE is looking good. Thanks!
Hi Affan,
I have a few things you can refine while you work to improve your mobility:
1. As you protract and retract, don't allow your heels to move too far forward or backwards. You were pressing up on your toes during protraction. Keep the angle of your ankle the same. This will help you to focus on only moving your scapulas.
2. Keep your core and glutes squeezed during the entire movement. You also don't want your hips to sag or lift up.
3. Increase the space between your shoulders and ears (depress your shoulders). This is important for planche work later on so this will provide a nice head start.
Thanks @Everett Carroll I didn't realize I was moving my ankles. Will keep in mind. Btw when we retract is a small amount of APT acceptable?
Hi Affan,
No. Avoid ATP in your sPL work. You want strong core and glute engagement.