This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch ups using a Roman chair

Started by Si Hoang, February 19, 2017 · 5 Replies · 144 Views

Si Hoang

Hi all,

I'm currently on SL/PE4 and wondering if it's ok to do them on a Roman chair as opposed to my GB back strap.

The reason I ask is that due to distractions at home I've had to join a gym to get my training in but they don't have any stall bars let alone somewhere to attach my back strap. I tried the arch ups on the chair today and 5x6r felt easy whereas on the back strap at home last week I felt more fatigued from doing it. Now I'm not sure whether it's because my strength improved or because of the angle I'm at on the chair that made it feel easier. Anyone have any experience with this?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Si Hoang, I used to do it in the Roman Chair too. It is definitely easier to do it in the roman chair because of the angle. :) I hope this helps. 

Si Hoang

Thanks for the insight @Leo Trinidad, so I will carry on using the Roman chair for the arch up and its following variants. At least until I can convince the gym to install some stall bars. :D

I take it that it still counts as mastery? And do you think I should hold a small weight plate to increase the difficulty so it's at least on a similar par to doing it with the GB strap?

Alessandro Mainente

If you perform the exercise with the same angle of the course it counts as a mastery.

Si Hoang

Ok almost at mastery then. Cheers Alessandro!

Leo Trinidad

Keep us posted @Si Hoang, keep working on it until you get the right angle. :)