This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1 Step 9

Started by Dorian Brown, February 17, 2017 · 4 Replies · 43 Views

Dorian Brown

I believe I'm ready to move on to the next PE but I just wanted to make sure. My IM is not exactly in the same form as on the videos but it is how I feel the stretch in my lats because I'm actually holding onto a vertical pillar and not a horizontal bar like in the IM videos. I actually did 6x15 although I cut the video off at 5x15. Again I apologize about the music, I was listening to something in the background and it triggered the copyright notice so I had to cover it up with one of the default songs youtube provides.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Dorian, 

For your PE, keep more PPT. You want more glute and core tension to achieve more of a hollow shape. Also be sure your arms fully straighten before beginning the next rep. The iM looks good. 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Dorian I want to add to turn completely the grip to supine grip at the top of everyreps.

Dorian Brown

Is it ok if I go a little slower than the follow along video because I can't lock out and keep up with them unless I just use momentum to fling myself back up. Also thanks for the tip. The Technique tip video shows rings vertical at the top where as the original video shows supine grip so it can be confusing as to which to follow. 

Darin Phoenix

Hi Dorian, 

If going a little slower will allow you to lockout your arms without using momentum feel free to slow the movement down a little. Stick with Alex's recommendation in regards to the supine grip. You will never have any problems if your videos match up to the originals.