This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 Step 9

Started by Dorian Brown, February 17, 2017 · 4 Replies · 58 Views

Dorian Brown

So I actually failed this set at the very end but I wanted to make sure my form on the PE and IM are good. Also since I failed on the last rep should I continue with this step or go back down to step 7?

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Dorian,

Since you failed the last set, select 'Too Hard' to go back a step. This will allow you to focus on:

1. Protracting more at the top of each push-up rep. Push your chest away from the floor at the top!

2. Shrugging your shoulder to your ear as you lift the dumbbell overhead in the iM. Think of making the entire circle as large as possible. Reach forward with the weight as you lift it in front of you. Shrug high as it passes overhead. Reach back into shoulder extension as early as you can.  

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Dorian, it is your butt completely squeezed?

Dorian Brown

No I didn't realize we needed PPT for the push up so I was trying to stay pretty neutral. 

Darin Phoenix

Making the corrections that Alessandro and Everett have mentioned will not only help you in regards to this PE but transfer right throughout the course.

The ability to strongly protract the shoulders and maintain a PPT will be essential to your progress.

Investing time to correct these areas at the beginning will be well worth the effort as you move through the GB curriculum.