This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/PE1 What not to do

Started by Dorian Brown, February 17, 2017 · 5 Replies · 98 Views

Dorian Brown

So I've been working SPL/PE for a long time, mostly trying to get my knees on the ground for the swivel hips and get rid of shaking. I guess I've been working on it so long I forgot to make sure my form on the Scap Shrugs was good. Now I've reached step 9 and realized my form is horrible so I'm going to restart from week 1 again. I'm just posting this to show people what not to do in this PE. Clearly my elbows are bending and I'm not maintaining PPT. If you have any other refinements feel free to share.

There might be music because I had to cover up some copyrighted music that I was listening to during my workout

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Dorian,

Increasing the space between your shoulders and ears (depressing your shoulders) would also be good to focus on. Otherwise, you nailed in by noticing your elbows bending and lack of PPT at points. Keep us updated with videos as you refine your form. 

Dorian Brown

I rushed the IM on some sets but is the range of motion good enough? My butt is on the ground and my calves touch the ground on both my left and right.

Everett Carroll

Yes, your iM looks good. Nice work there. 

Jon Douglas

Note the depression point. The movement feels completely different incorporating it and for me, helped get my lazy serratus anterior to kick in.

It is not precisely required at this point but best to train in the habit early as it will prevent you getting properly stable when we add the lean later otherwise :)

Affan Osman

I tried depressing the shoulder and it does feel different! Thanks for the pointer