This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel Hips

Started by Michael Vetter, February 17, 2017 · 4 Replies · 159 Views

Michael Vetter

I am currently at:

sPL PE1 Step3 3x6r

sPL PE1>iM 3x5r

Scapular shrugs are okay, I would like to do more of them.

However I always click on fine because with the Swivel Hips I dont reach all the way to the floor during inward rotation. To me it looks like that is the goal and as long as I dont achieve it I shouldnt click on easy.

On the other side I would also like to do more of them too since inward rotation is really  not good and I think I should do more of them to get more loose/open.

 

Another thing is that during inward rotation (especially when increasing the stretch with the other foot) I not only feel it in the hips but also in the knee. My guess is that this isn't right?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi MIchael the main goal should be the hip rather than the knee. in order to increase the rom you can also put one hand inside the working knee and try to actively push the knee against the hand, this is a good active approach to improve the internal rotation.

Mike Lounsbury

I would click the failed mobility smiley. It will move you up in steps so you can do more sets/reps of the scap shugs and swivel hips until you reach step 9. I have been on the mastery step for months now due to swivel hips. I also do swivel hips every day in my warm up.

Leigh Kettle

Yes Michael click failed mobility to move you up in Scap shrugs as mentioned

Swivel hips are the devil for me also. It's a move I don't seem to making much headway in even though I'm currently doing ms series to try and help it along . Feel like I could be on this pe for a whole lot of time yet 

good luck in your progress mate 

Leigh 

Michael Vetter

Alright! Thanks guys!