Hi guys
I can not do Rock 'n Roll to Squat and also Pressure Rock' n Roll ...
Rock 'n Roll to Squat I fall behind, I must keep to a support at the end of the movement, I continue like this or should I do it in another way ...
Pressure Rock 'n Roll, I have a very locked in shoulder external rotation, elbow remain very open, so I can not nor to support the palm of my hands on the ground, nor even to push, especially the right shoulder Suffered a surgery years ago and this deficit occurs also in Stretch series - Thoracic Bridge, in the push to reach the end of the movement in Elevated Bridge Thoracic and also in Elevated Bridge Thoracic Pushup, that I can not do.
As I continue with Movement Series? ...
Thank you
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Step2 T1-3.1 T1-4.1 Difficulty in Rock 'n Roll to Squat and Pressure Rock' n Roll
Started by Francesco Macchniz, February 17, 2017 · 9 Replies · 200 Views
Hi Francesco,
Is it possible that you can send a video of the exercises so we can see what is happening with your form
Hi Darin
Here are the videos of the exercises,
The problems of the shoulders, especially the right surgically operated, and of the spine, makes me very difficult any exercises ..
Some advice?...
Thank you
Hi Francesco,
First of all, how are your shoulders feeling? Any pain during any exercises? After an injury that causes excessive tightness I always reccomend to work on mobility and regain lost ROM before stating more advanced movements.
On the Pressure Rock n Roll you want avoid keeping your elbows flared out. I'd reccomend to keep working on the Thoracic Bridge stretches and the Handstand One course also have shoulder mobility drills and wrist mobility exercises that are helpful to get into this position.
On the Rock n Roll to Squat, you have limited mobility in your ankles which makes it hard to get all the way up. The SLS progressions work on progressions for this exercise. For you I would highly reccomend to do the Front Split series once a week to improve your ankle mobility.
Hi Francesco,
have the same issue with the Rock n Roll to Squat as you have and can only say that pauline is completely right about that one.
Started Front Splits about one month ago and it's getting better (a little bit) every time.
Have fun working on it
.
Hi Pauline
Thank you for your answer.
I'll give you a brief summary of my story, so you understand better my situation and I hope you can advise me better ...
I was a professional basketball player, in my right shoulder, which underwent surgery in 2001, with time, has formed a large osteoarthritis and there are massive osteophytes that create impeachment , so I have often pain in some exercises .. .
The surgeon that operated on me, said that in the future I will have to put the prosthesis, and now it's best to move my shoulder as much as possible and recover joint rom, because osteoarthritis tends to completely block the articulation ...
I started your courses in September, Foundation One, Stretch Series, Handstand, and from two weeks Movement. I do all the workouts once a week, and I'm seeing some improvements in some exercises, while in others, where I have problems, the improvements are very minimal, although I devote more time to the Thoracic Bridge stretches, Split Front, Middle Split series and the Handstand One ...
The left ankle I broke 2 times and even here there are osteophytes that cause me impeachment, but unlike the shoulder, I have no pain ...
What should I do with those exercises that I can not perform properly or even have particularly pain? ...
I leave them behind and go on with the program? ...
thank you so much
Hi Francesco,
First rule when it comes to training is to never train through pain. If you feel pain during any exercises it's important to stop immediately and seek advice from a physio or other medical professional.
It's completely normal to have difficulties with the last exercises in the TB series, and over time your mobility will improve so that you will be able to complete all the exercises.
We do not reccomend to skip the exercises you are having trouble with. Spending more time working through the Stretch series and Foundation will help you improve your mobility. How are you doing with the SLS progressions? Can you please submit a form check of SLS PE3?
I highly reccomend to post form checks regularly, especially when moving on to another progression. This way you can get feedback to ensure your form
Hi Pauline
form check SLS PE3
As far as the shoulder, yes, I went both from a physio and from the surgeon who operated me in the past ... unfortunately fail to solve my problem, a solution would be an additional surgery, but with no guarantee of a good result .. .I hope with your progressions to get better and to find part of the shoulder function ... But some pain I always feel even in the most simple exercises such as Crab and Rocking Table...
Thanks
Thanks Francesco, well done, keep working on your ankle mobility. You want to keep your back as straight as possible
I would highly reccomend to work with a physio on you injuries, and avoid doing exercises that cause pain.
Thanks Pauline
I will follow your advice and I will update you with the progressions