This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL pe3 straddle hollow body hold

Started by Leigh Kettle, February 16, 2017 · 3 Replies · 78 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys

i have a question regarding the straddle hollow body hold that I've just moved on to today .

I can lie down supine with a wide-Ish straddle when back is arched but this wideness decreases somewhat when i ppt to begin the hold. Is it more important to just have the legs apart where they naturally stay when I ppt or  should I be actively trying to widen the straddle  as I lay in the hold ( feels like I'm in the middle split series when I do this tho ) 

thanks in advance 

Leigh 

Everett Carroll

Hey Leigh,

Awesome question! Work to increase the width of your straddle. Don't strain overly hard each but you should feel your hips working during this hold. Don't allow the wider straddle to compromise your PPT, however.

Leigh Kettle

Great Everett thank you as always 

Advice taken 

Leigh 

Alessandro Mainente

I Leigh if you increase the straddle more than 90° it is practically impossible to hold the PPT since the upper leg impingement against hip bone takes place.