This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1

Started by Zachary Ladwig, February 16, 2017 · 9 Replies · 160 Views

Zachary Ladwig

This one has been pretty tough for me. I'm on step 7, but it has been quite a struggle. My lower back sometimes aches during the later sets. It isn't sharp or very painful. But rather, just uncomfortable. How does it look?

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Zachary,

Nice work on this one so far. I recommend opening your hip angle as well as your knee angle as you hold. To do this, move your feet away from your gluts while still keeping them just off the ground. Towards the end of your set, as you get tired, you start to lose some hollow. Keep lifting your shoulders while pressing your lower back into the ground throughout your entire set.

If this exercise is uncomfortable on the lower back, I suggest adding another mat underneath you. Hopefully some extra cushion will help minimize discomfort.

Your iM looks good. Keep it up!

Zachary Ladwig

thanks! I tried the suggestions. Opening the hip and knee angle helped a lot! Felt it much more in the core and less in the back. I still think I lose some hollow though. What do you think?

 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Zachary,

This is getting better! Glad you're feeling it in your Core now :) you can still try to Lift your shoulders a bit more off the floor, this will help you maintaining the hollow position. 

Try to keep your head in a neutral position and your shoulders depressed  (forward towards your hands, pull away from your ears)

I'm glad to see your video updates, keep us posted and keep questions coming. We're always here to support you with your training :) 

Zachary Ladwig

thanks @Pauline Taube does this look any better?

 

 

also, am i rounding enough on the mobility? 

 

Pauline Taube

Nice improvement Zachary :) 

Your iM looks good!

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! @Pauline Taube I’ve been going back to some PE1 to make sure my form is still good on them and compare to previous. 

 

How does this look?

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Zachary,

Pretty good job here. In the PE, make sure to keep your neck in a neutral position like you did in the previous video. You also want to hold the position completely still during the entire set. The feet should be just off the floor at all time.

The  iM is looking good :) 

Zachary Ladwig

Ah, yes. @Pauline Taube is this a better position? The neck still isn't quite neutral looking at the video, but i was more still.

 

 

 

 

Pauline Taube

Very nice improvement, Zachary :) your form is so much better now and you are doing a great job keeping the hold consistent through the entire set!