This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE1

Started by Zachary Ladwig, February 16, 2017 · 9 Replies · 133 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! On the last step of SL/PE 1. How does it look? 

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Zachary,

On this one you are doing a nice job of leaning to an appropriate depth as you begin your set. As you get tired, you start to sit up. Stay leaning until you finish the set. There is also too much movement in the shoulders. The action of touching the weight to the ground should stem from the twist in the trunk rather than movement of the arms. Keep working on holding your shoulders stable as you twist.

On your iM, I would like to see more stretch in the back of your hips circle. As you do this exercise, make sure that you are keeping your feet flat on the ground. You can see in your video that your right foot comes up slightly as you do your circles.

Keep working on it!

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks! How was this? 

 

Pauline Taube

This looks better, Zachary.

I'd like to see your back a bit straighter, try keeping your chest up. Also keep working on holding your shoulders stable and only let the movement come from your torso :) 

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks! @Pauline Taube @Jeffrey Bittner How are these? Should I try to be in APT or PPT during this exercise? 

Also, is this better for the mobility? I can see my right foot still came up off the floor a bit, which I will try to correct for next time.

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Zachary,

It is getting better each time you send in a video. I can tell that you have been working hard. You are still picking up a small amount of curl in the spine as you twist as well as too much movement in the shoulders. You have made some great progress towards correcting both of these, but it still needs some more refinement. Keep working on it.

Your iM is looking much better. Nice work!

During this PE the pelvis should be in a neutral position. Rather than focusing on the pelvis, focus on keeping your spine straight as you twist. Great question!

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner! I think I see what you mean. I tried again today. Still not perfect I don't think. Too much shoulder movement still. Any other feedback?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Zachary,

You are doing a better job of keeping the spine straight. Still work on taking the movement out of the shoulders as you twist. Also, make sure that your knees are together as you do this exercise.

I recommend dropping weight slightly so that you can focus on refining form. Once you have gotten used to doing these with correct form, you may increase the weight.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! @Jeffrey Bittner I took your advice and dropped the weight and went back to the basics on these for a while. I *think* my form is better now, although not as good as it is with no weight. How does this look? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Zachary,

It looks a lot better. Remember to keep your knees together as you twist. Nice job!