Muscle Spasms/Shaking

Started by Hayden.M., February 6, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,202 Views

Hayden.M.

Hi all,

Does anybody know the reason and/or effects of muscle spasms or shaking, especially when doing new or harder exercises? this sometimes occur when im stretching, in the muscles I am stretching. For example, when i try to get my L-sits higher, my quadriceps, hip flexors and abs suddenly start to shake unvoluntarily, i cant stop it either. Ive got an idea that it is something to do with muscle fibre activation, but what is this, why does it happen and is this a good sign or should I back off?

Also for the stretching, should I ignore it or ease off the stretch.

the shaking doesnt hurt, its just really anoying and looks bad.

any replies greatly appreciated,

Thanks

norbeex3

I think this was asked before you and they said it's okay.

The topic was straight arm support on the rings. Your arms are shaking heavily for the first few times but it passes quickly :roll:

I don't think it's a bad sign.

Blairbob

It's cause it's blood hard.