This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Difficulty with Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold

Started by Gregory Ferenstein, February 15, 2017 · 5 Replies · 146 Views

Gregory Ferenstein

I'm having difficulty performing the bent arm straddle with good form and i'm wondering if there is a progression between this mobility exercise and the Prone Half Straddle Planche Double Leg Extension. I can hold the straddle for a few seconds with good form, but i'm angled upward and kind of fall slowly to the ground. Not close to holding the position yet. Any progression tips?

Pauline Taube

Hi Gregory, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

How are you doing with HBP PE3? Please submit a form check of both these exercises :) 

Alessandro Mainente

I would like to see both PL lean and HBP PE3.

Leo Trinidad

Always send a video for form check/review when in doubt. :)

Gregory Ferenstein

sure! here is my attempt at the movement:

 

Darin Phoenix

Hi Gregory, 

The form checks that have been requested by Alessandro were of HBP/PE3 which is Pseduo Planche Pushups, and SPLPE7- Planche Lean. Please submit videos of you performing these exercises for review.